- The United Telephone Directory Cover Photo Contest will run from December 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
- The winning photo will be announced sometime after January 1, 2019.
- The Cover Photo Contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers of all ages, both resident and non-resident of Kansas.
- Photos must represent the coverage area of the Kansas United Telephone Directory and therefore must be taken within one of the following Kansas counties: Clark, Finney, Ford, Gray, Haskell, Hodgeman and Meade or Oklahoma counties: Harper and Beaver.
- Photographers may submit up to 5 photos for entry. Multiple photos must be submitted on individual entry forms and not grouped together on the same entry form.
- Photos submitted may NOT have any people in the photo.
- All photos must be submitted WITHOUT watermarks, copyright notices or any other graphics added to the photograph.
- All photos must be submitted UNCROPPED, with a resolution of at least 300 dpi in digital format.
- Only a digital format of the photo(s) will be accepted, and must be submitted via the Contest Form website. No scanned or printed photos will be accepted.
- The winning photo will be used on the front cover of the directory and will include other text and graphics related to the directory. The photographer’s name, location and description of the photo will accompany the photo on the cover of the directory.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a work of original material taken by the contest entrant. Color enhancements made to the photo are permitted.
- By entering the contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- You retain your rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, you grant United Telephone and United Wireless a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any United Telephone or United Wireless purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the United Telephone Directory, the Directory Cover Photo Contest and including, but not limited to, United Telephone or United Wireless publications. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. United Telephone will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- The winning photographer will be required to sign a copyright release form, allowing United Telephone to use the winning photo on the directory cover and all other advertising or promotion in print and/or electronically.
- The winning photographer will receive a prize of $250.00. The check will be mailed or presented in February 2019, upon distribution of the directory. No additional compensation will be provided by United Telephone beyond the prize money. The prize money may not be exchanged for any other goods or services provided by United Telephone or any of its affiliates.
- Photos will be judged by United Telephone employees based on creativity, composition and representation of the area which the Kansas United Telephone Directory serves.
- By submitting a photo or photos, the photographer accepts all contest rules and agrees to be bound by the decision of the judges, which will be final.
- By entering, photographers release and hold harmless United Telephone and its affiliates, as well as their board of directors, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the directory cover photo contest.
This Contest is sponsored by:
United Telephone Association, Inc. 1107 W McArtor Rd
Dodge City, KS 67801
Any questions regarding this Contest should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.